Re-Charging Stations For Schools & Colleges
Charging Stations for Schools and Colleges are starting to become a real need for students. While it’s safe to say that the majority of us are addicted to our mobile phones, there’s one segment of the population where this holds true for more than others, college students. An estimated 60% of students are addicted to their phones, which are practically attached to their palms. This means that prolonged battery life is of utmost importance. Considering the need to stay connected, make it to class and confidently address many unforeseen situations that might arise, easy access to a cell phone charger stations is essential.
Many students travel away from family and friends to attend college, but they still have a desire to stay connected. Parents additionally want to be able to reach out to their children at any given time of the day. And in an emergency scenario, might need to contact their kids quickly.
Life revolves around smartphones for many students and a low battery warning must be avoided at all costs. Often students are away from their own charging options so the ease of being able to plug in and charge their devices is not only convenient, but a also growing necessity. Which is why Charging Stations for Schools and Colleges are starting to grow in popularity.
“I’ve lost track of how many times I’ve used the charging stations at my school. I use the [VIP Charging Tower] charging station by the cafeteria almost every day. Not to mention the charging tables they have in the library, I rely on them a lot more than I thought I would.” Jack, junior at UMASS
Professors are also staying connected to their students both inside and outside of the classroom. Some professors ask students to use their phones for research purposes in class or send messages about assignments after class. This makes the ability to charge up throughout the day is starting to become a fundamental for the learning experience.
Timeliness is Essential
For the majority of Generation X and Millennials, day timers are a thing of the past. It’s all about the smartphone and if it’s dying, they may be late for a class or an extracurricular activity.
Installing charging stations in key areas of the campus is essential with how dependent students are on technology these days. Students powering up between classes or while studying could mean the difference between a passing or failing grade.
Charger Stations Keep Students Safe
While some colleges have public safety phones that can place a direct call to their security office, there are spots where they may be lacking. In fact, some campuses are phasing dedicated security phones out and going with mobile apps instead. If a student finds themselves in an unsafe situation with a dead phone, what will they do? Charging Stations for Schools and Colleges are becoming more and more important just from a student safety perspective.
“Last year I thought I was being followed by someone I’d never seen before. It was after dinner and it was dark. My phone had just died so I immediately slipped into the Humanities building to find the charging station there. I plugged in, called campus security, and stayed inside until they got there.” Alexandra, sophomore at NWU
Your students should feel safe no matter where they are on campus, at all times of day and night. A simple way to make that happen is with charging stations throughout campus, accessible 24/7.
Bonus Tip: Station Placement
Colleges & Universities vary dramatically in size. From community and private schools with small footprints, to universities that span many square miles, the question of charging station placement can be a head scratcher. But there are a few spots that are no-brainers:
- Student unions: depending on the size of this main hub on campus where students can grab a bite, check mail, or find a place to study, you may want several device charging stations placed throughout.
- Outdoor common areas are a great spot for solar units like the Solar Phone Charger from GrowCharge Inc. This is a cost effective and GREEN way to charge up students devices.
- Dining halls and cafes: does your campus have one cafeteria where all classes come for breakfast, lunch, and dinner? Or do you have several locations with the addition of casual dining and coffee spots? Knowing that students will be spending anywhere from 10-60 minutes at a time between classes at these places makes these key locales to install phone charging stations.
- Libraries and computer labs: when studying and researching come into play, having multiple options for device charging is a must. Many students come with laptops as well as cell phones to these locations and a multi-device charging solution like the Growcharge Bistro Charging Table should be a consideration.
- Dormitories: while students will have their own means for charging their phones in their rooms, consider the common areas of dorms where they will congregate for long periods of time. Whether it’s not wanting to miss a gab session or just generally hanging out, a device charging station is always helpful.
- Gymnasiums, fitness centers and athletic facilities: accessible to students, athletes, faculty and staff, as well as sport spectators, charging stations in these locations will give a tremendous bang for your buck, especially around game times. (pro tip: The VIP Charging Locker echoes the security of equipment lockers in changing rooms, too!)
The Major Takeaways
- Charging stations ensure that students can stay connected with family and friends on and off-campus. As well as with their professors.
- Students are less likely to miss important classes, meetings, and activities if they are guaranteed a charged phone no matter where they are on campus
- Offering charging stations throughout your campus ups the student safety factor significantly
- GrowCharge Inc. have a wide variety of charging stations to fit any college footprint.